Monday, January 4, 2010

Just another manic monday

Here we go. It's early monday morning before the kids head back to school. While the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas were packed with preparations, parties and performances, we did manage to create some wonderful memories with friends and family. We got in many hours of game playing, enjoyed relaxing and watching the christmas lights and laughed together about silly things. Even though it drove me crazy that my house was in a constant state of mess, I loved being able to stay up late with the kids and then sleep in. I loved not sticking to a schedule and not having to worry about homework and practices and projects. It all starts again tomorrow. I'm not sure I am ready.

(featured lyrics from Manic Monday by the Bangles)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ditto baby!

Kriss said...

I love the lazy Christmas time too! It is great to have a break from everything. I also love the Bangles-great song choice!

Jen said...

I was SO not ready for Monday to come either. We stayed up and played games so many nights during the break and slept in so much, I didn't know if I'd be able to get out of bed come Monday. But, here we are, the week almost over and we've survived. Back to the grind.