Friday, June 26, 2009

My sanity spot

The other day I was able to finish cleaning up my storage room. Now, while I do this several times a year, apparently I forget how nice it is to have it clean and organized. It's way too easy to just drop off a case of this or a bag of that or pull a bucket out just to grab something. This is why I have to clean and organize several times a year. Ever since I finished the other day, I have found myself just going in to look at it at random times during the day. Every time I am in the laundry room, I can't resist a quick look at my storage room. Weird, huh? I was thinking about why it makes me so happy and I realized several things.


1. It is probably the only room in the house that nobody but me messes with. Occasionally I send the kids down to get something, but other than that they never bother with it. This means that for better or for worse, it always stays just how I leave it. That in itself is miraculous to me.
2. You can't hear the phone ring in the storage room. Need I say more?
3. I can use my label machine to my hearts content. Can you say neatly labeled buckets, shelves and cans. Aaah, contentment!
4. The kids frequently forget that we have a storage room, so it is a good hiding place when I need a time out. It also dampens the sound really well so that when they're yelling for me, I can honestly say "I did answer you, you just didn't hear me!"
5. I'm surrounded by food, duh!
Here are a few pictures of my haven. Baylie-when you read this, consider yourself initiated in some of the important details of motherhood. Hold them sacred and secret!


PS. I know there are empty shelves-Empty shelves in storage room=not good. I'm working on it! Baby steps people,baby steps









5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks good and pretty full to me...good job!

salgal said...

My storage room is not nearly as big as yours or as neat, but it is also a great place to be to hide...or use as a hiding place, like Christmas presents. I don't even send my kids in there, so they don't find my secret treasures in there.

Unknown said...

One thing that sucks about living in Boise, is the water table, it's too high for basements and storage rooms. My pantry is stacked to the rim, I'm very jealous of all the space and esp finding a place to hide!

Stephanie said...

I love your storage room, ours is much smaller and not so organized...want to come over and do mine? Oh and this is the first comment I've ever made...I really am starting to be a real blogger!!!!

Kristine said...

I am in TOTAL awe of your storage!!! Wow....we have nothing even close to that. lol