Monday, September 21, 2009

New Recipes!

My sister Mandy has been doing a fun thing on her blog. Every week she tries a new recipe and then writes about it. I am going to join her in the hopes that we can keep each other motivated! Here is her blog address http://blahblahblahblog.typepad.com/. I have actually tried many new recipes but I always forget to take pictures! Here are the last couple and the pictures that I managed to take. Enjoy!



Orange Marinated Pork Tenderloin (Allrecipes #58941)

1 c Orange Juice

1/3 c Soy sauce

2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary

3 tsp minced garlic

Pork tenderloin



Make the marinade by whisking together all of the ingrediants. Pour over tenderloin and marinate for at least one hour, preferably overnight.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain pork, reserving marinade. Place on baking sheet and season with salt and peper. Roast for about 20 minutes until internal temp is 160 degrees.

Strain the reserved marinade and bring it to a boil in a small saucepan. Use as a sauce for the meat.



This recipe could not have been easier. I made the marinade on satuday night and then put it in a ziploc bag with the meat. (I had to cut the tenderloin in half so it would fit) It stayed in the fridge until sunday evening and then we cooked it on the grill. It was super tender and had a nice flavor. My kids all took leftovers to school the next day. Great option for a nice looking main dish with very little fuss.

No comments: