Friday, January 16, 2009

A new year, a new blog

I decided that I wanted to try a new blogging platform this year. I liked typepad, but the photo upload was soo slow and some parts of it just weren't very user friendly. Since my renewal is coming up, I decided to try blogspot and see if it works out better for me. I know that you usually get what you pay for (which is why I started with typepad) but I am hoping that the milllions of people who use blogspot are an indication that it works just as well if not better. And really-free is always good!

January is off to a great start! We spent New Year's day with the family and got in a lot of "together" time before the kids went back to school. The first week back was a little rough-we were all way too used to staying up late and sleeping in. This week we have been able to get back into a normal schedule at last.

For Christmas Jason gave me a laser hair removal package. I had my first appointment last week. I had decided to do my bikini area, 'cause truthfully, that is the biggest pain in the summer. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of pain, but the people had assured me that if I could handle waxing than this was a piece of cake. When I went to my appointment the first thing the lady said to me was "did they tell you this was going to hurt?" I was kind taken back and she continued "this really hurts a lot". I was thinking great, what have I gotten myself into? Well, she was right. It hurt A LOT! Think about a razor sharp, red hot, staple gun methodically stapling you over and over. Sound nice? Yeah, I didn't like it either. The lady who was doing it was a little surprised at my pain levels and told me that people usually tolerated even higher levels with no problem. I guess I'm a wimp. Although I did find out in parting that apparently your pain threshold in that area can be much lower when it is close to that time of the month. I made sure to schedule my next appointment so that hopefully my pain tolerance would be much better. Before you reconsider ever having this done, the pain was only present when she was doing the treatment. As soon as she stopped I was fine and there was very little redness or tenderness in the areas that were treated. I will make sure and let you know how the next appointment goes-'cause darn it, I am going to do this!!!

I am currently sick with strep throat but don't feel very bad physically. I am taking advantage of my "sick" day to get all this blogging done and organize our pictures. I bet I can even get Jason to fix dinner-or at least order out. Maybe I could spend the night watching tv without feeling guilty for my messy house. Hmmm, sometimes I love to be sick!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Welcome to Blogger!!!! WOO HOO! Bummer about the laser hair pain. You are a brave woman! Hope you get better soon?? ;-)

salgal said...

Hi Nikkie! I looked at your other blog before I came over here. Cute pictures in Kodachrome of the family. I heard that red-heads have a lower threshold of pain because of their skin pigmentation. YOu have red in your hair and you are fair skinned, so maybe that is a reason also. (My ob told me that fact and there is a study in some medical journal on it--so tell Jason I am not full of it!) When are we going to lunch?